Please respond to this prompt by reflecting upon your own writing process. You may choose to use the guiding questions/prompts below as a way to begin your reflection; however, you do not have to address all of the questions. The objective of this reflection is to become better acquainted with the process that you go through when writing.
Recalling the last correspondence that you wrote, what was your process? For example, if the last correspondence you wrote was an email, what was your process in writing that email?
Do you approach each academic writing assignment in the same way?
- What are your feelings about writing? Have you always had these feelings?
- Do you have the same feelings about all writing or just writing for which you will receive a grade?
- Do you begin by gathering your thoughts or by writing down everything you know?
- Do you always follow the same process every time you write, or does your process seem to change depending upon what you are writing?
- How does your process change (if at all) between writing prepared for work versus writing prepared for your academics?
- What is your best outline of your process for an essay?
- Did you find any of the materials in Unit II about process particularly helpful or inspirational? Why?
- Did you find the notion of “invention” as a canon of rhetoric to be interesting or productive? Why?
- What was your process for writing this reflection?