In this assignment, you will use the information and feedback you have gathered in the course to develop an advocacy and community practice proposal; specifically, the readings presented in the courseroom, the knowledge gained from the previous assignments, and the “NASW, ASWB, CSWE, & CSWA Standards for Use of Technology in Social Work Practice.” You will present this proposal to an agency, a community, an organization, an individual, or a group for its support.
In your proposal, you will develop a community-based initiative to bring awareness to, or educate about, the presence of a local social or economic injustice through the use of a social media tool. You will describe a plan that could be used to sustain or maintain a local community initiative. Discuss how you will create the social media presence, present a plan to maintain the social media tool, and ensure its alignment to the technology standards. For example, the social media tool may be the use of Facebook, Skype, Twitter, or a blog. It is recommended that you reference the technology standards in your proposal.
For this assignment:
Develop a community-based initiative to eliminate or reduce the presence of a local social or economic injustice through the use of a social media tool.
Explain how to apply a social media tool to develop a local initiative. The social media tool may be the use of Facebook, Skype, Twitter, a blog, or others.
- Describe the social or economic injustice you desire to eliminate or reduce in the local community.
- Create a social media presence, including a plan to sustain or maintain the social media tool, and ensure its alignment to the technology standards.
- Explain the rationale for using a social media tool to create an initiative to address an injustice and why it is important.
- What population will the initiative serve?
- How is the initiative different than others in the community?
Apply the social media tool used to promote the initiative and how you will promote community well-being through the use of the technology standards.
- Discuss why this tool was chosen and its benefits for your initiative.
- Discuss how you will create access to the social media.
- Discuss how you will maintain and sustain the social media presence to promote the initiative.
Apply and integrate theories of human behavior and the social environment in advanced generalist practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities to the area of social or economic injustice you have identified.
- Describe how to apply professional use of self and leadership skills through the use of the technology standards to address and advance social and economic justice issues.
- Describe how you will promote community well-being through the ethical and effective use of the technology standards.
- Explain the rationale for using a social media tool to respond to evolving leadership, technological, political, economic, social cultural, geographical, and environmental contexts and why it is important.
- Analyze how the collaborative involvement of the agency, community, organization, group, or individual you are presenting to will promote the success of the proposed initiative that advocates for appropriate services, resources, and supports to achieve goals and foster positive change.
- Articulate and provide leadership in the application of the core values and ethical standards of the social work profession through an ethical problem-solving model to aid in critical thinking and ethical decision making related to individuals, families, organizations, and communities to guide and inform ethical advanced generalist social work practice while conducting advocacy to the issue you identified.