The goal is to create community as much as possible. College can often be a difficult place to navigate as we are learning (by trial and error) about the people we want to be. To make this happen, your faculty and instructors want to make sure you feel as supported as empowered as you want to be. Our hope is that you will feel excited to explore the many options of your “true” self during your time here at SFSU. For this to happen, as your instructor, I would like to learn more about you and what brought you here to SFSU. You are more than welcomed to be as open or as limited as you would like.
In a 500-word summary, please type your responses to the following questions.
- Describe your journey to San Francisco State University. What attracted you to the school? What do you hope to accomplish as a student?
- What were the three most important lessons you learned from your first semester at SFSU?
- Describe yourself as a student. Describe yourself as a writer. For example, complete the sentence, “I learn best when…”
- How have you felt supported (or not) at SFSU thus far?
- For this semester, how can we, as a classroom community, support you?