2-3 pages, must have in text citations, 4 or more sources. Low OV score
- This week, you will develop a matrix showing the following:
- Cost of cyber crime to victims (individuals, businesses, and national governments)
- The punishment awarded to convicted offenders
- The cost of incarceration per year, per offender
- To complete this task you will have to conduct some independent research into the cost of incarceration within your own state, as well as for those in different levels of federal detention.
Note: Be careful about the statistics that you use. The Bureau of Justice Statistics stopped collecting cyber crime data in 2005, yet this page on Web site was updated in 2013 (Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2013).
Bureau of Justice Statistics. (2013, October 23). Cybercrime. Retrieved from http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=41