Term Paper: A Key Concept in Information Systems
Choose one (1) concept in information systems that you have studied in this course.
Write a 6-7 page paper in which you:
1. Present an overview of the origin and history of the concept.
2. Describe the current use of and attitude toward the concept.
3. Explain the strengths and weaknesses (or the advantages and disadvantages) of the concept.
4. Describe the prevailing view of experts about the likely future of the concept.
5. Research and cite at least six (6) scholarly sources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Explain the major components of an information systems infrastructure.
· Identify emerging technologies that enable new forms of communication, collaboration, and partnering.
· Explain how information systems are enabling new forms of commerce between individuals, organizations, and governments.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in information management.
· Write clearly and concisely about information management systems using proper writing mechanics.