- Determine whether or not existing “fair use” exceptions strike an appropriate balance between creators and users of the material. Provide two (2) specific examples to support your response.
- Determine the key legal and ethical issues surrounding the ability of pharmaceutical companies to patent and exploit plant-derived substances, and suggest at least one (1) way in which a company might provide compensation besides direct / individual payments.
- Imagine you are a senior manager in a U.S. manufacturing firm who procures component parts and services from various states. Analyze three (3) clauses in a potential contract that might put your company at risk if not sufficiently scrutinized prior to signing a contract. Determine whether or not you can assume that the Uniform Commercial Code will apply to the contract. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Using the Internet to research one (1) breach of contract case involving a U.S. company and the application of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). Recommended cites for finding cases:
- Lexis/Nexis database
- Institute of International Commercial Law, Pace Law School at http://www.cisg.law.pace.edu/
- Case Law on United Nations International Trade Law (CLOUT) at http://www.uncitral.org/uncitral/en/case_law.html discuss the major issues addressed in the case you found. Explain the contract law that the court applied to the case and why. Then, determine at least one (1) action in drafting the contract that either company to the dispute could have taken to avoid litigation.
onlinetutors247.com is a writing facility that renders academic assistance to students studying. Nevertheless, under no given circumstances can our customers submit our assistance as their own work.
+1 (213) 497-3675