Throughout this course, we have explored various psychological theories of leadership and approaches to the psychology of leadership. This assignment requires you to explore and integrate the concepts learned throughout this course. Submit a 3500 â€“ 4200 word or 10 – 12 page paper (excluding the title page and reference pages) in which you select three distinct psychological theories of leadership and evaluate each one in terms of its foundational philosophical assumptions and values. Finally, reflecting on each theoryâ€™s underlying principles, identify one that you feel would be particularly important to your career (current or future).
This paper should be a minimum of 3500 â€“ 4200 words or 10-12 pages long (excluding title and references pages) and include a title page, introduction, conclusion, and references page. APA formatting should be used for the paper. Utilize at least 5 sources, 3 of which should be recent (within the last 5-10 years) scholarly, peer-reviewed research articles as references for this paper, and cite them accordingly. The other 2 references may be from the course-assigned texts or other relevant sources.
Be sure to include each of the components below:
- Present a clear overview of three specific leadership theories/approaches.
- Explain the foundational philosophical assumptions and principles of the selected leadership paradigms.
- Briefly discuss the limitations and strengths of each leadership theory/approach selected.
- Thoroughly examine the rationale for why each leadership theory/approach is important to the study of leadership psychology and/or the field of organizational psychology.
- Discuss the relevance of one particular leadership theory/approach to you and your career path.