As an early childhood education professional, itâ€™s important for you to understand typical development of young children and signs to recognize when a child may not be developing as expected. For this assignment, you will develop a presentation to be shared with colleagues and volunteers who may work in your classroom or learning center. Your presentation will include information about the important developmental milestones of children from birth through age 8. You will also be sharing how childrenâ€™s physical development is connected to the overall well-being of the child. Finally, you will also discuss signs that a child may be delayed in development.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Read Chapters 4 and 5 in your textbook.
- Review the web page on child development Basic Information.
- Find at least two Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources of information on early childhood physical development milestones.
- Please use the attached PowerPoint Template for this assignment.
In your assignment,
- Describe one gross motor activity and one fine motor activity that encourages the development of infants (Birth â€“ 12 months).
- Describe one gross motor activity and one fine motor activity that encourages development for toddlers (One year â€“ Three years).
- Describe one gross motor activity and one fine motor activity that encourages development for early childhood (Four â€“ Eight years).
- Discuss one sign that might alert you to a delay in a childâ€™s physical development for each of the following age-groups:
- Infant (Birth – 12 months)
- Toddler (One year – Three years)
- Early Childhood (Four – Eight Years)
- Describe, using an example, how childrenâ€™s physical development is connected to the other domains of development:
Your Milestones Story for Physical Development presentation
- Must be at least six slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA style .
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed, or other credible sources to support your theme. Be sure to cite these in APA format .
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA style.