research paper 1443
Get perfect grades by consistently using onlinetutors247.com writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
5 pages Double spaces APA about 1600 words
Make sure you follow everything on requirements
This is an important paper, please do your very best.
– China and the UN Security Council (how China has voted on different issues and why?)
Write a Policy Brief
Research and write a policy brief on topic
Analyze the interaction of your two chosen actors. There are many different analytical angles that qualify for your paper. For example, the focus can either be on how an international organization works in a particular country, or how a particular country is trying to shape policies of a particular IO.
Policy brief: Imagine you are writing this note for a superior who needs to get a very quick and basic overview of the issue but does know little to nothing about it.
Structure of your essay (note that this will likely vary depending on what exactly you are doing!)
– Say which two actors you will be looking at
– Brief introduction of the topic/description of the problem the two actors interact on (this will not be the main part of your paper)
– What is your organization doing, what does the interaction between the two actors involve, how has it evolved? (this will be the main part of your paper!)
– Concluding analysis: how successful has the cooperation/interaction been, what kind of problems may have emerged, what policy lessons can be learned (if any), what could be done better, etc.?
Requirement for source material: Total at least 7 sources
1) you need at least one primary source document from the international organization. (A primary source is a document published by the organization itself, such as programmatic or strategic policy documents. See links below that can take you to source material available through some of the IOs)
2) at least 6 more sources of information, of which:
– at least 2 scholarly source, (either book or academic article for general background NOT listed in syllabus);
– at least 2 source from the required reading listed in syllabus;(Reading that I upload)
– newspaper articles (use major national or international newspapers), reports/analysis from think tanks or NGOs;
– one source can be self-presentation by actor (website, press releases).
Links to primary source material: (there are others, see also links listed in course overheads):
United Nations Security Council: http://www.un.org/en/sc/documents/resolutions/
UNDP Project Database: http://open.undp.org/#2018
UNDP evaluation products: http://web.undp.org/evaluation/evaluations/themati…
World Bank Country Strategies: http://www.worldbank.org/en/projects-operations/co…
World Bank Project Database: http://projects.worldbank.org/
World Bank Evaluations: http://ieg.worldbankgroup.org/country-evaluation
GEF (Global Environment Facility) project database: https://www.thegef.org/projects
You will be graded on: – Analytical depth (ability to identify different views and source material): analyze, donâ€™t just describe! – Organization, clarity of writing!!!
– Proper referencing (see next page for one way to do this). Do NOT use footnotes.
There are several citation guides out there. One of the most widely used citation style in the social sciences is from the American Psychological Association (APA): http://www.bibme.org/citation-guide/apa/
Footnotes and endnotes: DO NOT use footnotes or endnotes for references! In rare cases you may use a footnote.
Cite references in the text as the following examples show:
– Empirical data on consumer responses to environmental taxes are scarce (Ekins and Speck, 1998).
– However, Goulder et al. (1999) pointed out that â€¦.
– In the late 1990s, the World Bank changed its policy on corruption (Gutner, 2017).
– â€œFor direct citations page numbers need to be added to the referenceâ€ (Ekins and Speck, 1998, p. 14).
– NGOs like Greenpeace support this (Greenpeace, 2007).
– Mozambique is dealing with a severe drought (â€œAs Mozambiqueâ€™s Rivers dry up,â€ 2016)
Provide full bibliographical reference of your citations at the end of the policy brief (Bibliography):
Ekins, Peter and Susan Speck. (1998). Database on environmental taxes in EU. Final Report, Brussels: European Commission.
Goulder, Leonard, Stephen Schneider, Marc Boulding and Ivo Speck. (1999). â€œTechnology and CO2 policies.â€ Resource and Energy Economics 21 (3â€“4), 211â€“253.
Gutner, Tamara. 2017. International Organizations in World Politics. Los Angeles: SAGE / CQ Press.
Greenpeace. 2007. www.greenpeace.org/international_en/, accessed April 20, 2007.
A newspaper article is properly cited with the first words of the title, or the authors name:
As Mozambiqueâ€™s Rivers dry up, the hopes of a harvest evaporate too. (2016, February 17). The Guardian. Retrieved from http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2016…
Citing a lecture: you can reference lectures in your text but you do not need to add it to the bibliography. Such as:
The IMF has pushed structural adjustment programs with often devastating effects on national economies, such as in Jamaica (Lecture ClÃ©menÃ§on, Oct. 9, 2019). But make sure you find sufficient source material.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper