After watching the videos and reading the text, please answer the following questions:
1. In your OWN words, what is the difference between a stereotype, prejudice, and discrimination? Provide an example either from the videos or in your own personal life (something that may have happened to you OR you were prejudiced towards a particular individual/group) of prejudice stereotyping, and discrimination.
2. What is the danger of a single story? What does viewing someone based solely on their membership in a specific group often lead to? Use the vocab here and provide examples!
3. What are 2-3 historical examples of prejudice and discrimination?
4. What is a current example of prejudice/discrimination? FIND A RECENT ARTICLE (past year) and copy the URL here. Summarize the article in 3-4 sentences and discuss how it relates to the textbook and videos.
5. What is your understanding of privilege? Discuss a time when you have experienced privilege and might not have known it.
6. Racism, sexism, prejudice, and discrimination are pervasive within our social structures and often perpetuate oppression and inequality. What are some ways we can reduce implicit biases, prejudice and discrimination? In 3- 5 sentences, provide some concrete examples of strategies e can use to educate people about prejudice and ways to reduce it.