1) In “the Nightingale” what does the bird represent. explain the ending. how is the story a comparison of the natural and the artificial? use examples to support your opinions.
2) In “Tin Soldier” the point-of-view changes. why and how?
3) in the same story, how does the soldier always do his duty and what are the rewards?
4) In “the Ugly Duckling” how does pride or lack of it play a role? is this pride a good thing?
5) “the Emperor’s new clothes” is often seen as some kind of comment on totalitarianism(what is totalitarianism) in what ways could this be true?